The Field of transport and logistics is constantly evolving, as more companies are embracing mobile technology. Mobile is changing the way people surf the web, shop, and interact with brands. Text messaging represents a powerful, yet underrated marketing medium. Real-time updates provided by two-way SMS have become an efficient way of improving customer relationships and streamlining internal operations. Logistics companies can also use SMS solutions for mobile marketing and customer engagement, but the greatest benefit of SMS is, undoubtedly, its operational value.
Transport and logistics companies can use Bulk SMS for everything from mobile alerts to appointment reminders and delivery status notifications. When implemented correctly, SMS solutions for logistics companies can lift customer service standards, and improve communication on the move. Here are a few ways in which you can use Bulk SMS platform for Logistics Services:
Logistic is basically supply + management + distribution. All these steps require a proper medium of communication. Via Bulk SMS solution logistics industries can:
1. Cut costs :- Sending and receiving information through an SMS texting service is cheaper than having to pick up the phone for every problem. SaaS services with SMS modules are cost effective, so they can be integrated into daily operations of large, medium and small businesses alike.
2. Improve customer retention :- Customers appreciate timely updates and clear instructions. Two-way communication at the right time can help you improve customer retention rates.
3. Optimise efficiency :- Text messages can be used for everything from payment reminders to staff rostering. Using SMS will reduce the need to organise staff meetings or group calls.
4.Streamline customer communication :- Studies show that over 90% of smartphone users read and react to text messages within 3 minutes. Sending delivery status notifications and offers via text will significantly improve customer relationships.
5. Ease customer service :- Customer service centres are often overloaded with enquiries and complaints. Using short-code SMS services that sync with the company’s CRM system will ease customer service and reduce costs.
6. Driver safety :- You can integrate SMS services into delivery and scheduling applications. Texts arrive almost instantly but they allow the driver to choose when to read them (e.g. when he has safely reached a destination or is pulled over) and to respond at a convenient time.
7. Reduce human error :- When sensitive information such as time of arrival, address or delivery details are sent via text message, human errors can be avoided almost completely. Calling also works but it requires the client to write down information. With SMS communication the entire process becomes easier to control.
Bulk SMS Example for Logistics
"Dear Sir/Madam, we would like to confirm the survey scheduled on 6 Oct for your relocation from Pune to Mumbai. "
"Dear Customer, your complaint regarding AWB no. XYZ has been solved. For any queries call 1457891557."
"Dear Sir/Madam, we are glad to help you in your factory relocation from Chennai to Mumbai. We keep you posted on the further developments."
"Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for awarding us the relocation from Hyderabad to Chennai. Our Customer Service Department will contact you shortly."
Logistics Companies can make use of Bulk SMS Messaging services to launch various SMS notifications, alerts, reminders, delivery details for the orders placed. This will help to reduce the cost involved in setting up customer care centers and will make the work much easier. For the transportation department also alerts, instructions or updates can be instantly sent to drivers so that they deliver products on given time. Even Bulk SMS Services can improve a lot on business communications for both companies as well its clients involved in Courier and Logistics services. Quick and instant messages can be delivered anytime and anywhere to masses at large. One of the simplest and cost effective measures, Bulk Messaging proves to be gaining popularity among the Courier and Logistics industries.